Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

For New Years I treated myself to a Fitbit Charge HR. My old flex was giving me an error message every time I synced it, so I figured that was a sign of its impending demise, plus I just wanted one. The new fitbit has a watch in it, you can see how many steps you've taken on the display instead of having to sync it, it also tells calories burned, distance, and floors climbed. And, of course, there's the heart monitor, which is supposed to be pretty accurate. Such a fun new toy!

Once again I celebrated NYE with a two hour yoga class ending at midnight. It's a very zen way to start the new year. It was pretty warm out, so I was able to try the fitbit activity monitor for the first time - it correctly recorded my walks there and back, though it didn't record any increase in activity for yoga (which I think is just wrong.) At the start of the WOD today I set the activity tracker (because it has one) to record the entire workout - super convenient because now I know how long my workout was - and it recorded my heart rate and calories for the entire workout. It was a killer!

WOD:
Run 400 meters
20 Box jumps (I used one green stool because I was sharing equipment with a woman who chose it, and that was cool with me)
16 Burpees
Run 400 meters
20 Toes to Bar (I did knee ups. I felt like I got a little core in there.)
16 Burpees
Run 400 meters
20 Wall balls
16 Burpees
Run 400 meters
20 Pullups (I did 10 with a green band and 10 with a green and red band.)
16 Burpees
Run 400 meters
20 Kettlebell swings (I used the smallest one, same reason as with the box jumps)
16 Burpees
My time: 33 minutes, 22 in "peak zone," 8 in cardio, average BPM 154.

The highest my heart rate got was 168, which kind of surprised me since I thought it was going like 180. I guess it's not that far off...

Can't wait for all the people with New Year's resolutions to come and be slower than me! (watch, they will all be better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment