Monday, January 18, 2016

Real Burpees!

I was watching some of the people in the class before me doing burpees and I was like, "they aren't actually jumping that hard on their toes. Maybe I could do real burpees instead of just stepping back." They were in the WOD today - and so I did a few practice ones, and in fact I could do them! I think when I did them - or tried to do them - before I didn't have my hands in the right place. I was putting them right next to my shoulders where they weren't helping at all. But if they are more at boob level, they soften the impact. ROAR!

Today was "bring a friend day." Which of course I didn't bring a friend, I barely brought me. I woke up late and wasn't going to go, but then decided to drag my lazy butt off the couch and go. All the "friends" looked in pretty good shape, I think they just wanted a free class. But, they made the WOD a partner thing so friends could work together.  I wound up with this chick who ditched me so fast for weight lifting, but then turned out to be cool anyhow.

We started with back squats and I did 100 pounds 3 times!! I was excited! Yes, all the guys did like twice that.

WOD:  15 minutes AMRAP
5 Burpees (I did real burpees and they felt good!)
6 Thrusters (I did 35 pounds)
7 Box Jumps (I stepped on the lower box)
One partner does the entire thing, then the other.
We each did 7 rounds! Well, I was 3 box steps short, but after it was done I did the last three steps.

Average hr: 135 max hr: 164

That's 35 real burpees for the WOD, plus I did a few before to see if I could do them. Go me! :)

Yesterday I went on a Meetup hike in the Fells. It was about 2 hours on the Rock Circuit Trail. We kept a pretty good pace for most of it, but there were like 20 of us. So, any time there was a rocky part to go up or down it was really slow d/t the bottle neck effect. The leader got kind of frustrated with the slower people in the back and at the end took us back on a fire road instead of completing the trail. So I decided it didn't count as a blogable hike. Short and we didn't even finish the trail! But it was about 9000 steps and my hr averaged around 120, so I guess it still merits mention.

We had our first snow today, like 3 inches. Sat we are supposed to get like 8-12 inches!



No comments:

Post a Comment