Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Big Move

My mom is mid-move. She's here in Canton, along with me, my sister, and my mom's cat. Her stuff will arrive tomorrow, and that's when her apartment will be ready and she can move in. It was weird going home for the last time, especially because everything looked pretty much the same - mom had packers come and pack everything, and movers the next day. I left with the cat as the packers began because she thought it would be better. I'm not sure why the cat couldn't just go in a bathroom, but whatever, I was happy to miss all the excitement, even if it meant 3 hours in the car with a crying cat. They've got me bunked up in an apartment with a cot and no other furniture. It's spartan, but I seem to think that's an excuse to binge on gluten and carbs, and be a lazy bum. I'm not looking forward to weighing in on New Years, and getting back to paleo.

I did leave my cat sitting post today for some crossfit. We started with front squats - 5 sets of 5. I got up to 70 on my fourth set, and did 70 again on my fifth set. So, 10 squats at 70 pounds. I even felt like I was sort of holding the barbell correctly.

WOD: (I totally modified and did Level 1)
12-9-6-9-12 (the regular workout called for 15-12-9-12-15)
Squat Clean Thrusters - I did 35 pounds
Chest to bar pullups
my time: 19:11

I was totally not getting the pull-ups this time, I don't know why. Maybe because I didn't have a new band? One of the coaches kept trying to help me, until he was basically lifting me up. I just have no arm strength - even with a kip and a band, I can't do a pull up! So then he was like "you just need to build upper body strength, lets add another band and you can do strict pull-ups." So I had enough bands that I was probably lifting only 30 pounds or so of me for the last dozen pull-ups. Those I could do.

After I went home and hung out with my cats. They were pleased to see me I think, though they could smell that I was cheating on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment