Thursday, January 28, 2016

Rope climbs

I got to crossfit today and realized that I had brought the wrong pants - I had capris and #1 I haven't shaved my legs in a while and #2 we were doing rope climbs which leads to rope burn on uncovered legs. Now I have some Crossfit sox!

I remember not being able to climb the damn rope in third grade gym class, and I am no better at it now. I learned a new start method that's way better than the other one I had been doing, so now I can start and get a good 2 feet off the ground. So, during the WOD I did that 9 times. In front of a whole bunch of people. Awesome.

We did snatches for the strength. I find these to be hard. We did 3 reps, and I got up to 55 pounds. Which is where a lot of the other people started. But I did feel like I was sort of getting them right at the end.

WOD:
30-20-10
Power snatch (I lifted 35 pounds)
Burpees
Three rope climbs at the end of each set
My time: 17 min, average hb 145

That is a seriously large quantity of burpees. The first round of 30 nearly killed me. I did some of them the right way, jumping back, but more of them stepping back. I was exhausted and my toes were hurting a little. And, of course my rope climbs were just the first step of the rope climb. But I was pretty happy that I learned how to start. Even if there was a high humiliation factor.

Saturday I'm going on a yoga/hiking meet-up in NH. There was one in December when I was sick, and I was so bummed to miss it. Hopefully it will be fun!

I've walked at least 7000 steps every day so far this year! I'm hoping that I will get through the entire month of January with getting 7000+ steps a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment