Thursday, January 14, 2016

Totally Not Last!

There were three people in my class today who were brand new to crossfit, so for once I was not last!!  It rocked my world!  Fourth from last! Go me :)

We started with push press and push jerk, which of course I had no idea of which they were. I didn't have time to google at work today, but they turned out to be ones that I like OK. I lifter 60 pounds on my heaviest push press and 70 pounds on my heaviest push jerk. We did sets of 2 on presses and 3 on jerks, and I was pretty impressed with myself. Until I saw that I was behind the next lowest person by like 20 pounds. Wah.

WOD: 27-21-15-9
Calories on the rower
Thrusters (I did 35 pounds)
time: 14:02  Average HB 132
But my heart rate was at 163-171 for the second half.

I don't know if my heart sped up for the second half, or if the hr sensor was making better contact with my wrist.

I had to cancel my weekend backpack trip. We're supposed to have a Nor'easter on Saturday, and I just can't think of any reason that I should be going backpacking during it. Even if it's supposed to move fast (that would be the Nor'easter moving fast, not me!). Sounds windy and cold.

I signed up for AMC's spring backpack course. There are 5 lectures and then a bunch of trips that you can go on. I want to try a little more backpacking. I think I'm ready for it, and it would allow me to go further north - less driving in one day because you aren't going there and back. Hopefully it will be good! It starts in April, so it's still a little while...

No comments:

Post a Comment