Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tabata Mash

Finally I was in a group with people doing NY resolutions at Crossfit! Hooray!! They were dying and I was doing sit ups. Sadly, it was a Tabata sort of deal where everyone goes and stops at the same time, so there was no "last." And I was feeling too tired to really feel smug.

We started with front squats and I did 90 pounds!! Twice. With a break in between. My 90's were wobbly and not that low, but I did one at 85 pounds that felt really solid. I think that's 15 pounds more than the last time I really remember doing front squats. Of course the guys were doing 200 pounds or something.

The Tabata workout was four different rounds, for each you had 8 reps and each rep was 20 sec on and 10 sec rest. So, each activity was 4 minutes, with a minute break in between. Then you moved on to the next. Your total score is the number of reps from your worst round of each.

WOD:
Double Unders (I just jumped rope) - lowest was 30, which was my first one. Also the last. In between I did have some pretty good rounds where I stopped counting around 40 or so.
Front Squats - I lifted 35 pounds - lowest was 6. First round I did 8, then 7 then the rest were 6.
Sit ups - lowest was 10. I did 11 the first 4, 10 the second 4.
Kettle bell swings - I did 10 every time. With the smallest kettle bell.
Total Score: 56 average HR 136

My heart rate was highest during the squats and lowest during sit-ups. I don't know if that's how it should be? Seems like jumping rope is more aerobic.

I don't know how I feel about this Tabata stuff, or if I believe in it, but it was a pretty OK WOD.


No comments:

Post a Comment