Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

I can't believe I've been blogging about my exercise for 5 years now! Well, four years, two months, but during five calendar years. This last year was the most posts, now that I am recording hiking and crossfit. I'm glad I started tracking them, I definitely can't remember all of the hikes I've done without the blog.

For NYE I went to yoga again. I did the two hour class from 11 pm until midnight. This year they had a gong and bowl playing dude who did a thing at the end during shivasana. Gonging isn't really my thing, but it was fine. Better than going to some party and feeling like I should be having more fun than I'm having. The class was a really good class this year, I was tired at the end, but not totally warn out. New Years Day I went for a little walk in the fells, on the blue trail. It was nice. I had thought the trail was more like a road, but it got narrower after the junction where I usually turn off. Today I went climbing at Brooklyn Boulders (I have 13 punches left in my punch pass and they expire April 1. I'm determined to get the most out of them).  Then, I went to crossfit. Because it's still a holiday, they didn't have the easy class, so I wound up in a class with the real athletes who were going like crazy. Hopefully later this week/next week there will be people with their New Years resolutions and I will feel like Superwoman.

Speaking of Superwoman, we started with Supermans. I'm pretty sure my stomach will hurt tomorrow, and I didn't do the exercises that well.

Then, deadlifts.  I'm pretty psyched because I lifted MORE than my weight!!  I lifted 165 pounds 6 times! I think that might be a new personal record for me - or PR as we crossfitters call it.  The WOD was more rowing, which of course I like. It's been a lot of rowing lately, though.

WOD: 5 rounds
250 meter row
10 shoulders to overhead lifts (I lifted 45 pounds)
50 double unders (I did singles)
my time: 14 min 22 sec

I emailed my boss and was like "can I take Tuesday off too?"  I don't think I'm ready to go back. But Wednesday I'm gonna have to go back to work - it's going to be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment