Sunday, January 22, 2017

Amazing March AND 21 Box Jumps!

The last two days were significantly better because #1 The Women's March was awesome and #2 I actually did 21 real box jumps today!  Usually I would be all over the fact that I did 21 box jumps, but I think I'm more excited about the march. They are saying that there were about 200,000 people there. I can believe it, it was crazy mobbed. I met my friend Karen and her boyfriend Adam there - we were supposed to meet at 10:30, but when they got to the T in Newton it was so busy there was no way that they could get on a train. So, they wound up driving. They got there around 11:30 ish. Being in the crowd was amazing, so many people, all this positive energy, and the speakers that they had were really good. After the speakers we waited for like an hour to get off the common, but there were too many of us, and a bottleneck at the gate, and finally we went in a different direction, away from the marching. By that time I was so hungry, and I was a little dehydrated and worried that if I didn't get fluids I would get sick. So, we didn't actually wind up marching in our march. That was a little disappointing, but whatever, all in all a good day.  A beginning, not an ending.

Today's WOD was more rowing and no burpees. I was kind of excited to get one done on Sunday.  Also, there were box jumps, and I was in the main box, where they have the giant foam boxes that don't hurt if you fall jumping on them.  I thought I could actually do some real box jumps if I used the foam box, and I did! In the warm up we were supposed to do 5.  I did 3. Later we were supposed to do another round of 5, and I did 3 again.

WOD: 3 rounds
500 meter row
21 kettlebell swings (I used the second smallest)
21 box jumps (each round I did 5 actual jumps and 16 steps)
my time:16 min 22 sec

The last round I actually did 5 in a row. By that time we were getting to the end, it was just me and one other woman still going. People were standing around cheering for us. Nice of them, but also super embarrassing, so I wanted to get finished.

Before we  did the WOD we did 5 rounds of 2 push jerks. I got up to 85 pounds!  On my second at 85 pounds, I was a little split jerky, but the first wasn't bad. I did 80 pounds pretty clean for two.  All and all, a good crossfit day for me.  At the end there was a "cashout" with all these ab exercises, but I was like "I did 21 box jumps, I'm good."

No comments:

Post a Comment