Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Demo'ed for the Class!

This was a first, coach needed a lift demo'ed and came over to me - I thought she wanted to use my barbel, but she actually wanted me to demonstrate!  I was nervous and kind of pleased all at once :)  We were doing squat cleans. I squatted and then had to hang out there for kind of a long time. Fortunately it was only with a 15 pound barbell. Another first for me!

Today's WOD was pretty much all lifting. I almost didn't go because it was snowing, and I was all "the roads will be bad!" But they were tiny flakes, and not sticking, and I couldn't wimp out. Plus, there's another protest on Saturday, and Friday I'm at home because I bought a new mattress!  So, I dragged my lazy butt there.

We started with 10 minutes of clean and jerks, every minute on the minute. I got up to 70 pounds.

WOD: 9 minutes AMRAP
15 toes to bar
10 dead lifts (I started at 55 pounds)
5 snatches (I did one at 55 pounds and then went down to 35 pounds.)
3 rounds, 15 toes to bar, 10 dead lifts, 1 snatch

Then, max lift on clean and jerk. I lifted 80 pounds.

I was thinking that I might be able to do 55 pounds for the snatches, I did a test one and it was fine, but after the damn toes to bar, I couldn't lift the stupid thing! So, I went down to 35 pounds for the rest of the workout.  I did get some good toes to bar rhythm going. Tipping your head backwards and looking back helps. Who knew?

Sunday there was another rally in Copley Square, against the Immigration Ban. It lasted for 2 hours, I just went for an hour because for some reason I didn't realize that 25,000 people would show up, so it took longer than expected to get there. I think I'm just going to add protesting to my weekend activities. Work on paper, buy food, protest, go to crossfit....  I'm kinda into the flower child thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment