Friday, January 27, 2017

Came in First in a WOD!

OK, it was a group WOD, with large groups, and there were only 2 groups in class today. So, my group was faster than the other group. But, that equals first. Two first for me this week!  They got a bunch of new toys, ski erg machines. It's like cross country skiing, the kind where you have your feet together and are using your polls to push (not the kind where you skate ski). Of course, I don't know how to cross country ski, I've only tried it once. But the machine was fine. Better than the burpees.

We started with squat snatches. I did something to my knee and it was hurting when I bent it too much or jumped on it (while holding weights), so I did regular snatches. They had some complicated formula where you were supposed to lift some percent of your weight for some number of times. Well, I got up to 55 pounds 3 times. And that was that.

WOD: 3 rounds in groups of 4 (we had 4 in our group)
6 cal ski erg
10 burpees
10 toes to bar
12 snatches (I lifted 35 pounds)
6 cal bike
Our time: 15 min

Everybody worked at once, and when you finished your activity you took a knee and waited until the entire group was done. So, you got a little rest time on the activities that took less time like toes to bar and less after the biking and such.  I did level 1, and everyone else did higher levels, so I wasn't the one holding us up usually.

My hiking crampons arrived, no excuses now for not winter hiking.


No comments:

Post a Comment