Friday, January 20, 2017

Very Bad Day

All along I've been hoping that this was some sort of mistake and they wouldn't actually swear in DT, but it really happened today. I spent two hours on the Boston Common in what was possibly the lamest political protest ever. I took the day off for it, which I don't mind because I get a bizillion days off and can never use them all, but I kind of wish I just held out for the one tomorrow. I did get a good sign idea - this guy had a sign that was about building a wall, but it was a wall of hearts.  Which was cool. I did a poster that says "Building Our Wall" and drew bricks, and in each brick is a symbol for a group we like - women, muslims, black lives matter, etc. And instead of an O in Our, I put a red heart :)  When I went to Target to buy poster board they were almost totally out, all that was left was red and green. And this heavier stuff that was white on one side and shiny silver on the other side. I went for the heavier, non-bendy stuff with the silver on the back. I figured everyone would be out. I hope I don't regret it, I'm planning to walk a couple miles to get to the common, it would be easier to roll it up.

After the protest I didn't really feel like crossfit, but I still had one time left this week, and I was pretty sure I wasn't going tomorrow, so I dragged myself there.  No rowing for once, there were wall balls and rope jumping.

WOD: 14 minute AMRAP
10 ring rows
10 ring dips (I used bands)
25 wall balls
100 jumps on the jump rope
I did 3 rounds

The real athletes were doing these crazy muscle ups, or strict pull-ups if they couldn't do them. And 50 wall balls. Still, I did 75 wall balls, plus 30 in the warm up, which is a lot!

After we did hang cleans, 10 in a row without putting the weight down.  I did 50 pounds.  My right knee was a little sore when I was bending it, so I didn't try more weight, I might have been able to do a little more.

I'm at least a little excited about tomorrow. They are saying that Boston is supposed to be second in size to DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment