Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Triple WOD

I've been so wrapped up in this stupid class that I'm taking and trying to figure out what to do for my research that I forgot to blog yesterday! I was going to look at the difference in acceptance rates between male and female students, but once I crunched the numbers it turned out that, although it seemed like they were pretty different, they weren't statistically significant. Boo.  So, I had to shift focus. I like the idea of looking at mindset theory and how it impacts admission. And, I was thinking about a conversation that I had with a student recently, where she wanted to know why she couldn't be paid for her community service. After all, doctors are paid to help people. And it got me thinking about how different student's service experiences are, and wondering if that made an impact on their acceptance - not just if they did it, but their mindset in believing they could learn from it. IDK. Still needs a lot of work. It's kind of swimming around in my head still.

Anyhow, Tuesday I was at Crossfit, where there was a three part WOD!  First, we started with hollow rocks, doing 20 this week. I can do 20. Probably can do 30. Not sure about more than that...

WOD #1 -
30 clean and jerks
I lifted 50 pounds
my time 5 min 8 sec

WOD #2 -
max count pull ups
this is just mean after all those clean and jerks.

WOD #3 -
1000 meter row
my time 5 min 13 sec

I've been doing a lot of rowing lately, I feel like I'm getting better at it. I almost feel like I'm in a real boat on the Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment