Saturday, January 7, 2017

First snow of the season

We're getting our first snow storm today!  It's pretty exciting since it's on a Saturday and everything will be good to go for work on Monday. I'm cozy on my couch now.  I wasn't sure if there was time for crossfit this morning, the sky had that impending storm look, but the weather dude said you wanted to be off the road by noon. So, I went to the 10:30 class. There were only four of us, I guess everyone else decided against it :)  It had started snowing when I left, but it wasn't sticking to the roads yet by the time I got home, so definitely glad I went.

WOD: 4 rounds
500 meter row
10 front squats (I did 45 pounds)
100 jumps on the jumprope (or 50 doubles)
10 pull ups
rest 1 minute
my time: 23 minutes, 33 seconds

I did all four sets of jump roping without stopping, pretty impressed with myself for that!  And, the first three rounds of front squats. The last round I broke up into 5 and 5.

Yesterday for work I got to visit U Mass Medical School for a local area network advising meeting. Some of the meeting was kind of so-so, especially the start where they were in theory having people talk about  best practices in their office, but if fact it wound up being people marketing programs that they want us to get our students to do. At lunch one of the medical school admissions directors who was there was talking about visiting the area, and so I invited him to come visit Northeastern and he actually said he would!  Go me!!  After the conference-y part, we got a tour of the school, and one of my former students was one of my tour guides. It was pretty cool! And then I met 3 former students for coffee. A good event, and very social for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment