Friday, December 30, 2016

Nancy on a Boat

Nancy on a Boat is the winter/rainy day version of Nancy, which I don't think I have done (though I would have to check). It was actually a pretty good WOD for me, lots of rowing!  Coach told me that I should get my legs pretty much straight before using my arms on the rower. Oh! That makes things a little different, better I think.

First we did snatches, 5 rounds of 3. This woman asked me if she could work with me because she was new at crossfit and found snatches to be hard. It was weird being the one who was lifting more and knew what was going on. We started with 35 pounds. Then I went up to 55 pounds, which was really too heavy for me. So I went down to 45 for a couple rounds, and then 50. My technique for 50 was good.  55 was poor, though I did lift it so I counted it when we wrote down our scores.

Nancy on a Boat: 5 rounds
500 meter row
10 overhead squats (I lifted 35 pounds)
my time: 18 min 9 sec

I did level one on Nancy, the regular workout is 15 overhead squats, but I didn't think I could do that for 5 rounds. My last round of 10 was really tough, I was wobbling a lot.

Vacation has been nice, though unfortunately I got a cold and haven't been feeling so great. It did give me an excuse to sit on the couch all day listening to Game of Thrones on my iPad for a couple days. But it led to me only going to crossfit once this week so far - tomorrow is NYE and I'm doing my two hour yoga - 10 pm to midnight, so I don't think crossfit is a good idea.  I did go climbing twice this week though, so that's good.  I also did the Rock Circuit hike to the viewpoint Christmas Day. I decided I couldn't blog about it every time I did the walk. It was pretty much exactly 5 minutes from the MIT observatory site to the viewpoint though, I did want to note that.

After almost 9 years in my place I finally got curtains for my bedroom!  I'm irrationally excited about them. I found ones that I really like at Pier One. Of course they only had two panels in the store, so I had to order the other two online. So, they look kinda silly right now. But, I'm happy with my choice. I was hanging them yesterday, standing on top of my sewing machine table, when I forgot that it only has three legs (ok, didn't think about the fact) and stood on the part with no leg. It tipped over and I fell about 3 feet backwards onto the floor. I wound up with a bump on my hand, at that's it. So, all this exercise is helping my bones to remain strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment