Wednesday, June 1, 2016

More Running

Today was a runny WOD, so of course we started with a warm-up running. We did 1/3 of a mile for each running section. The first time we all ran out together, and I was pretty psyched because I was only second to last, and in front of a guy! When we got back, though, I noticed that his shoes weren't tied, and I assume that had something to do with his slowness. Anyhow, the warm up run was pretty fast for me. I bet it was a 9 min mile pace. For everyone else it was a slow jug.

For the skill section we did handstand pushups. Or, everyone else did handstand push ups. I did two assisted hand stands against the wall. In the first one I was feeling pretty proud of myself, because I mostly kicked up on my own. Then, on the way down I smacked pretty much the entire top of my head on the wall. Ouch!  I did another one after that, just so I wouldn't be scared of hand stands. I think one of these days I may get the stupid things (not so much the push up, though.)

WOD: 4 rounds
10 hand stand pushups (I did band assisted regular push ups)
12 back squats (I did 55 pounds)
14 pull ups (I did half with a band)
1/3 mile run
rest 2 minutes (I rested less)
my time: 25:50

I have to go again tomorrow, because I know I won't go on Friday, and then I'm away for the weekend. It looks like not too bad a WOD, though. Snatches, thrusters and double unders.

This weekend is the back pack trip with the egg salad sandwich people. Only, it won't be egg salad sandwiches (sadly), it will be some kind of noodle dish with curry. It's 3.1 miles and almost 2000 feet of elevation gain to get to the shelter where we'll be staying. Then the Kinsman's are .4 miles to the north one and another .9 miles to the south one. I hope I can make both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment