Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trial Run

It's actually nice out today, a little wet but warm, like 50. So, I skipped TKD, which had been my plan for the night, and did a practice run of the St. Pat's Day run! Very exciting! It took me 33 minutes and 34 seconds, so a 10.48 minute mile pace for the run, or 5.72 mph. That's about what I've been doing on the treadmill at the gym. The first part is uphill, but not too bad an uphill. Not too good. I was def puffing and tired by the end, there were a lot of runners out today because it was so warm, and some passed me. But I passed pedestrians.

The race is 5 1/2 weeks away, so maybe I will be running a tad faster by then. 5 1/2 weeks ago I couldn't run for 30 min, and check me out now :)

My left leg was fine after the run, the right was a little sore, hip, knee, and ankle. Just needed to ice the ankle.

We paid for the Dirty Girl race today. We're going to be the Girls Gone Muddy team.

No comments:

Post a Comment