Friday, January 25, 2013

Beating the crowds

More treadmill. It's about 7 degrees outside, no way I'm running out there. Don't even want to walk! Seems like everyone's with me on that, it was really crowded at the gym. Though, I went earlier today, right from work.

I ran 6.0 mph for ten minutes in a row, slowed down to 5.7 for five minutes, went back to 6.0 for two more minutes, and then finished at 5.8 for the final 10 or so min for a total of 2.85 miles in my 30 min, and 3.15 in 35 with the cool down. It felt pretty fast to me, and I was puffing a lot while going faster.

Big running news for me is that my second 5K is in the works! Some friends and I are planning to run in the Dirty Girl, which is a little like Tough Muddler, but less crazy. You have to crawl through a puddle of mud (= PMS or Pretty Muddy Stuff), go over a wall, thought tubes. Sounds fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment