Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Beach to Docks and Back without stopping!

I certainly never thought I would be able to swim the entire way from the beach to the docks and back without stopping, but today I did!! It was a beautiful day and the water was super calm, which made it nice for swimming. The temperatures in the water are going up, though still cold enough that when I get in I'm a little chilly at first. Once I get going, though, it's completely fine. I decided I wanted to do a long swim, and to challenge myself to go the full distance without stopping, and that's what I did. I got to the docks and did a funny little doggy paddle to turn around and went right back to the beach. 

The swim took me exactly one hour. It's about 1.2 miles, so I think a mile was about 50 minutes. Which is still more than the 40 minutes they give you for the Charles River swim, but not unreasonably so. Hopefully they will let me finish. 

I have to say that swimming for an hour is a little bit boring. I worked on my breathing a lot, and not dropping my hand, and stretching as long as I could, but also I had some time to ponder life, and wish I had more tunes on my headphones. I might try putting some podcasts on there, just so I have something new to listen to.

A few of my friends were on the beach waiting when I got out. I got a high five, but then they all left. I sat on the beach and enjoyed the sun for a bit.

I have a patch on my left arm where I get some really bad chaffing. Who knew that would happen, but one of the other women gets it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment