Friday, May 26, 2023

Beach to the Docks and Back!

Today I had my longest swim yet - from the beach to the docks and back. That's about 1.2 miles and it took me a little over an hour! I certainly never thought I could swim that far, but I did :).  Now that I can keep my right arm up on the reach, I've been working on the pull and rhythm of my strokes. I started to get in something of a groove with reaching as far out as I can and rotating my body, catching and pulling hard. I'm definitely getting better at only bringing one eye of my goggles out of the water, and I thought I was doing better with swimming in a straight line - but maybe I wasn't.

I swam with two friends who are so much faster than me, I was sad because they both took off and I was just putzing along. Then I reminded myself that comparison is the thief of joy, and tried to focus on my swimming.

I had baked banana bread, and after we sat on the beach and watched the sun go down, and snacked.  

Big disappointment - my scooter came and it wasn't really fun to ride. The scooter was fun, but it was kind of like riding a bike in Somerville - narrow bumpy roads and feeling squished and not super safe. I returned it. Sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment