Saturday, May 6, 2023

Swam 3/4 mile!

It was a beautiful day out today, kind of like summer! I went to parkour in the morning, and then did some clean up at the garden. After I went to a friend's house because she's fostering a puppy, and the puppy is nervous. So, I'm helping to socialize. The puppy is so cute, but also so scared.

Later I went to the beach, and we swam to the point from the dock instead of the beach! According to google maps, it's about .75 mile swim in total. I swam the whole way back without stopping - it took 20 minutes! I was pretty excited about that - I will say that there was some wind and a little chop, so the way there was harder. Also, the water is still like 58 degrees, so it took a minute to want to put my face in and swim - no booties or gloves though for a while.

After, we sat on the dock eating candy and drinking tea, watching the sun set and chatting. A couple other members of our group came later for a swim, and they found some packets of seaweed in the water. It was so funny - they were all sealed, so a couple people ate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment