Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Bilateral Breathing to the Point

I decided that I needed to force myself to do some bilateral breathing. I met up with some friends at the beach around sunset, and the water was flat and beautiful - a perfect day for bilateral breathing practice. I started out slow and relaxed, and did about a dozen breaths - half on each side. Then I had to rest a little. And then I did it again, etc. I made it all the way to the point, taking breaks along the way. Much of the breathing on my bad side wasn't pretty. But, I did breathe! 

I started the way back with bilateral breathing, but it was getting hard, so I gave myself permission to just swim back. I tried thinking "long" as I reached out and "strong" during the stroke, and I think it helped me to move faster. 

Keeping my right arm moving forward instead of dipping down as I breathe is getting easier. Unfortunately it's really hard on the other side. Something to work on - I hope that by this time next year I can do bilateral breathing efficiently.

After we watched the sun set and chatted. Excited for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment