Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanksgiving weekend!

I have a post from Thanksgiving weekend crossfit last year. It's actually a little amazing to me that I've been doing crossfit for so long, almost a year and a half (minus the 8 or so weeks I took off. So, not really almost a year and a half, but whatever.) I took Wednesday off from work again this year because there are no students on campus, and it would be silly to work. And then today I left an hour early because I didn't think anyone would benefit from me sitting at my desk shopping online. Particularly not me. I've been on a bit of a shopping spree the past week. I guess I figure if the economy's going to tank again there's no point in saving my money, might as well have a few new toys that I can weather out whatever comes next. So, I got a new modem and router (it actually turns out you are supposed to replace these more than every 8-10 years anyhow. Who knew?) Now my internet is way faster.  And then I saw they had such good deals on TV's at BB. My old TV was cheap when I bought it 8.5 years ago. I was able to upgrade to a 43" ultra high def TV for not too much money!  It's like 2x the size of my old one, which wasn't high def at all. And, this one's a smart tv, so I only have one remote to access my netflix :)

I got a new fitbit too, because my old one is falling apart. It's now literally being held together with duct tape. I got the super cute fitbit alta. Only, the damn thing won't work! I have to talk to customer service tomorrow about it. It's so frustrating! I also had a technology fail with the first TV I got, after about 25 minutes into each episode the volume cut out. Always right at the good part, when the mushy gushy moment was happening. So, I had to return that. But, the TV I could take back to the store, the fitbit is going to require talking to customer service, which I predict will be annoying. Such a weekend of first world problems!

Anyhow, crossfit. It was an endurance workout today, with lots of burpees. I really didn't want to go, but I talked myself into it by saying that I could do level 1, which had way less burpees.

WOD:
1500 meter row
15 burpees (everyone else did 30, but whatever)
15 pull ups (ditto on the 30)
7 burpee pull ups (I did burpee jump up) (everyone else was doing 15)
rest 3 minutes

1000 meter row
10 burpees (everyone else did 20. You get the pattern here)
10 pull ups
5 burpee pull ups
rest 2 minutes

500 meter row
5 burpees
5 pull ups
3 burpee pull ups
my time 29 min 17 sec

I really wanted to throw up at the end. But, I didn't.

I was thinking about a hike for tomorrow. It's supposed to be the nicest day of the long weekend. I just don't think I can make myself go all the way to the Whites, though. Wednesday is always the worst traffic day, and I would be in Concord right around when it was at its peek. I'm gonna think about Friday. Considering the Kinsmans, bagging South Kinsman which I didn't get to on the beginner backpack weekend with the egg salad sandwich people.

No comments:

Post a Comment