Thursday, November 3, 2016

Didn't jump on the box

Today was the big day when the Dean visited campus - it turned out pretty awesome, there were just the right number of students, and I only said one totally bone headed thing. All and all, a big success! I confess, I was kind of nervous all afternoon about things working out. After, I went to crossfit just to complete my stalking and debrief. Also, it was a pretty good WOD-ish.

We started with front squats. Sadly, everyone else was lifting way more than me - there were two groups of women, the first group said that they would probably lift like 200 pounds. Ha! I went and joined the other group. We did 5 sets of 3, and I got up to 88 pounds with reasonable form for 6 lifts, and 93 pounds really horribly such that it really barely counts (it was like a demi plie). I think that might be a new front squat record for me.

WOD:
50 box jumps (despite my 3 successful jumps last week I did steps)
40 thrusters (I did 35 pounds)
30 box jumps
20 thrusters
10 box jumps
my time: 13 min 16 sec

I'm hoping to get in a hike this weekend, Sat looks like the better day. Maybe Cannon, Garfield, or Lincoln.

Tuesday is the election. I can't wait for it to be over, and I hope that people have enough sense to make a good decision. Electing Hills isn't going to make for smooth running of the country, but the other option, it just makes me wonder who we are?


No comments:

Post a Comment