Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Second smallest kettle bell :)

I was talking to a good friend of mine from Mexico, apologizing for the election, and she reminded me that Mexican's come to the US illegally because of their corrupt government that doesn't provide opportunities at home. So, we all kind of fuck up the world sometimes. I guess Americans can just no longer be all superior about their decision making. It was strangely comforting. I can't believe that a week ago at this time I was so happy and optimistic about the future. I was so excited to vote, I got up at 6:15 am and was third in line at the poles, and I was practically skipping to go watch the election coverage. I'm gonna need to stop whining about it on my blog, though I believe my only reader is of like mind, so maybe not.

My boss was saying the other day that she plans to go to DC to protest. She can't decide if she will go for the election, or wait for later. She's so cool!

Anyhow, today was a crossfit day. The WOD had a lot of running in it, but it was pouring rain outside so we got to row instead. I was pretty psyched about that. It was a tough one, though.

WOD: 5 rounds of 4 min each
500 meter row
20 kettlebell swings (I used the second smallest!)
wall balls until time
rest 2 minutes

Your score was the total number of wall balls. I was pretty consistent on the rowing, doing 500 meters in about 2.5 minutes all five times. The first three rounds I did the kettle bell swings unbroken, and then 10-10-9 wall balls. The last two rounds I did ten and ten kettle bell swings and 7-8 wall balls. Total wall balls = 44, which was low, but I feel like that's a lot of wall balls!

My fitbit is totally falling apart. I got it last December, so I think that they should replace it for free, I believe it has a one year warrantee. But, I kind of want a prettier one. I was thinking that I would get a new one in January - that's when they brought out the new models last year. I'm not sure that this will make it until Jan, though. It's degrading pretty fast. I'm pretty sure I actually kept the receipt this time, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment