Friday, November 25, 2016

Short Walk on Rock Circuit

Happy Thanksgiving! Once again I ate way way way too much and then was filled with regret. But it's just such a delicious meal, I can't help myself. To help empty space before the meal I went for a walk on the Rock Circuit trail in the Middlesex Fells. It is my favorite trail, and there's one point where theres' a nice view of the city. I decided that because I had limited time I would only walk from the parking lot to the view point and then back. It's a short walk, but I wanted to blog about it because I really liked it and want to remember how long it took, in case I want to go again and have limited time (and, face it, I like to know exactly how long I will be walking).

It took almost exactly 45 min from the trail head to the view point. It was a really nice day for a walk in the woods, a cool crisp fall feel, crunchy leaves on the ground, and not too many people out and about. The weather was perfect for a walk. I'd worn my wool hat because I hadn't washed or combed my hair and it looked like a mess, and my down puff because I was wearing the same sweat shirt that I slept in, and I'd spilled coffee on it. I actually wound up getting overheated, eventually enough that I decided that if I ran into anyone they could see messy hair; I had to take off my hat.

Total walk time was an hour and a half, so half the time to do the full circle. Definitely worth the 10 minute drive to get a little nature!

I'm headed out to finally get my fitbit soon. I hope this one won't be broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment