Friday, August 28, 2020

First map downloads

I put together my own workout today, with 20 minutes of yoga with adrienne, my one mile run around the block, and some lifting. It's not exactly crossfit, but I wanted to use my new all trails app to record my run around the block. I wasn't really excited about running, but I balanced my lack of enjoyment with getting to record my new route, and so it wasn't so bad. It turns out that the loop is 1.12 miles with 46 feet of elevation gain. I didn't think that I was moving very fast today, and I wasn't - I ran 11:25 mile pace, which is slow. Also, I was wearing my yoga pants and they were falling down a lot, which didn't help my speed. But, I did still get out and run, so that's something. 

After running I did the lifting from crossfit - 10 minutes EMOM 3 front squats, count to three on the way down, hold for one at the bottom, and then spring up. My spring was not super springy, but I did the rest of it. I did one round with 15 pounds and nine with 30 pounds. Then I decided I should get in some core work, so I did 4 rounds of 20 sec work, 10 sec rest with a 7.5 pound weight - first sit ups pushing the weight up and then boat pose moving the weight side to side. 

Yesterday I did the loop in the fells that I've been doing - it turns out that it's 2.8 miles with 289 feet elevation gain. I did the loop in pretty much exactly 90 minutes, getting slower as I went. 
There are a bunch of little trails that I pass in the fells - it's cool to see them on the map - though it turns out that they don't really go anywhere interesting.

The students are returning to school, and some of my appointments are with them in their dorm rooms. Hopefully things will get busier with appointments, because I'm getting a little tired of talking to just the cats all day.




No comments:

Post a Comment