Friday, August 7, 2020

Ran a mile, plus Deadlifts

It's finally cooler outside - a good day for getting in some exercise. I was going to go walk in the Fells, but then realized that my garden needed watering, and probably some weeding, so I decided to go there instead. On the way there, I realized that I should try and run a little - like a mile. Of course, I wasn't wearing a sports bra, so that was not fun, but I did it anyhow.

I ran near the garden in Cambridge, down by the Harvard museums, past the divinity school, and then into one of the neighborhoods there. It had the advantage of being flat, which is something that I appreciate when running. I got a little turned around, which frequently happens in Cambridge. So, I think that I ran about 1 mile, then realized where I was an ran another .1 mile. Then I walked back to the garden. It took me 18 minutes for the whole thing, but I think about 10 and a half minutes for the mile. Not completely sure. This running is making me want a new fitbit that has a stopwatch. But I'm not going to get one. Also, I think I should run there again, it was nice (and flat).

After I ran and had some water, I gardened for about a half hour. I have a certain amount of grass in my plot, so I worked on pulling that. The thing that seems to grow best is kale, which I'm sure is very good for me, but not so delicious.

When I got home I wanted to do a little weight lifting, so I did deadlifts to see if I could life all the weights that I got. And I could! I did:

EMOM 6:

2 rounds at 40 pounds

2 rounds at 50 pounds

1 round at 60 pounds

1 round at 70 pounds

70 pounds felt heavy, but I thought I could do more. But wasn't sad that I didn't have more weights and couldn't.

I'm going to Maine for the day tomorrow with a couple of friends. They both wanted to eat inside at a restaurant, which to me is just an unnecessary risk during covid. I think I'm going to make a new Red Sox mask for the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment