Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Home Crossfit

 It's really hot out today, it went up to 91, but I decided that if I never work out in the heat, I will never work out. It's so hot here now! I'm very sad that we can't take global warming seriously.  Anyhow, I decided to run a mile (1.14 miles, to be specific) and then do some weight lifting. Of course I didn't enjoy the run very much, but I finally remembered to bring my iPod Shuffle, and that made it a little better. I left home at 6:20, according to my fitbit I started running at 6:21. I got held up at a light for about 30 to 45 seconds (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and I finished at 6:32. Which, for me is pretty fast! About a a ten and a half minute mile. I felt pretty good as I was running, at least the slightly downhill parts, and knowing that I was only going to go a mile really helped.

After, I got home and decided to do some lifting. I looked at the crossfit WOD from my old gym and they had squat clean and jerk. I decided that was a good one because I do want to get my legs stronger as well as arms/core, and squats are good for that. I wound up using just one dumbell, holding it outside the weights at the edges. I did every minute on the minute for 12 minutes - the first round I did 20 pounds, which wasn't that hard. The remaining 11 rounds I did 35, which started out fine and got more and more challenging. By the end my arms were shaking a little, but I was glad I made it through all the rounds.

My boss at work gave her notice on Monday. She feels she has no room for growth, which is probably true. I'm sad about it, and was initially assigned to report to my least favorite person in the office, while all her other reports were assigned to someone else. I scheduled a meeting with my boss, and was like "I would be so desolate to be separated from the team," and got moved away from the evil bitch. Victory for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment