Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Home Crossfit - Benchmark WOD Half Cindy

 I did my first real-ish crossfit class at home today, and it really sucked. I'm in such bad shape! I really need to do crossfit badly. We'll have to see how I feel tomorrow, if my entire body hurts.

It started with a "warm up" of:
2x
10 burpees (yuck)
10 bootstrap squats
10 scap pushups
10 pike pushups

Then, a mini workout of:
2 rounds, 30s each movement, straight through
sit ups
plank
single leg V up
hollow rock 
rest

Finally, Cindy. 
20 min AMRAP
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

I now have pull up bands, which is a good thing because I needed them. I used the two fattest bands for pull ups and push ups. Even still, my feet reached the ground, and I did push off a little - I'm not going to lie. I only did Cindy for 10 minutes and then quit - it's a long WOD and I hate it. And, I'm out of shape. I could barely do hollow rocks by the time I got to them, and pull ups were impossible. I did do 5 rounds, so I guess that's something.

After, there was an optional lifting, which I did. Every 30 seconds for 12 minutes - 2 snatches. I did one with each arm each minute. I didn't think I could do them well when I started, and began at 10 pounds, which was silly. I then moved to 15 pounds, which was still not that challenging. Then I went to 20 pounds and did that for several rounds. Finally, I went up to 25 pounds, and did that for the last 6 minutes. That got heavy, but was good. I'll have to see what I was lifting when I used to do crossfit. 

All and all, something that I should repeat I think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment