Sunday, August 16, 2020

Parkour and a little lifting

I did the outdoor parkour today, super fun! I'm always sort of questioning if it's really a good workout, but this guy threw up in class today, which he said was because he hadn't worked out for a while. So, it's at least a hard enough work out :)

We did some fun drills where we climbed the side of a ramp, and over a rail, ran and touched a wall, and returned. Then, we tried to do it in fewer steps. I started by sliding over the rail, and then was like "I think I can do a step vault over this." So, I tried it, and in fact I could do it! After, we did some jumping. There are these stumps in the park that you can jump to. For a while I've wanted to jump from the platform, over one stump to the next. But I have a total mental block about it. So, I worked on that, and did it! Of course, it wasn't hard at all once I tried it.

After class I came home and decided to get my weight lifting in. I feel like my arms really need work, so I did strict press and push press: 3 strict, 3 push, every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. I started with 10 pounds for each hand for the first one, but that was easy, so I moved to 15 for the remaining 9 rounds, which was harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment