Thursday, August 6, 2020

Home Crossfit

I'm really enjoying parkour, but it's not a super athletic or weight bearing exercise, at least not the way I do it. I was reading about how important weight lifting is, and remembering that I did like the lifting part of crossfit, and then thought, why not get some weights and lift at home? It turns out that everyone else has been thinking that. So, easier said than done. I did finally get lucky at play it again sports, thought they weren't used weights, they were new ones (so more expensive. But, I haven't been paying much in gym fees these days....) I got dumbells instead of a barbell, since they are easier to store in my tiny place. The bars way about 5 pounds, and then for weights I got 7.5, 5 and 2.5. I had to get 4 of each because you have to balance your sides, but I think that was a good amount. That's a total of 60 pounds, plus the barbells gives me 70 pounds to play with, which is plenty for me for everything but deadlifts (or, was when I was doing crossfit. At the store I quickly realized that I'm not in crossfit shape at all. It took me 3 trips to bring everything to the car).

I was trying to decide what lifts to do, and realized that I could look at my old crossfit for their wod, and do their weight lifting. And then I thought, why not do the whole thing? Without people doing it 10x faster than me. I had already done geriatric parkour today, so I didn't do the whole thing this time, but I think I'm gonna try it! Instead, I just did the weight part:

EMOM 12:

1 strict press

2 push presses

3 push jerks

I put the 5 pound weights on, so each barbell was about 15 pounds, so total 30 pounds, which is pretty light. But, I think for the first day back is fine. I'm pretty psyched about this idea, we'll see how it actually goes :)

My blog has switched to a new format after all these years. It's fine, I guess, thoguh it didn't work in Safari, which isn't helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment