Sunday, July 30, 2017

crossfit and biking

That climb over the hill killed me! I really must be old, because all week this week I was a total bum. On Monday and Tuesday my calves were sooo tight and in such pain, Wednesday I went climbing - I did get up a couple 9's and a 10, though it wasn't pretty. And then for the rest of the week I was all "I'm going to do crossfit." But Thursday I just couldn't make myself, Friday I went for drinks instead, and Saturday I went to yoga. So, last week I went zero times. But, I went today and tomorrow I'm freezing my membership for the month of August! (Plus July 31) So, I'm sort of counting it as part of last week. A couple friends are visiting from out of town this week, and then I have all my prep for vacation - one last bike ride no doubt, and some more yoga and climbing hopefully.

Today I did both crossfit and a bike ride!  A shorter bike ride, but whatever.

We started with strict presses, 4 sets of 5, which is a lot of lifts in a row. I did 2 sets of 45 and 2 of 50. In between the 2 nd and 3rd I ran to the bathroom, and it turned out that there was a guy cleaning. He was pretty freaked out when he realized that I was in there peeing. It was actually kind of funny.  I mean, I was in a stall.

WOD: 10 min AMRAP
15 deadlifts (I lifted 75 pounds)
90 jumps of the jump rope
I did 4 full rounds plus 8 additional lifts

Then we did a second WOD that was biking. 6 minutes as much as possible, alternating with a partner. This woman with 10 feet long legs asked me to be her partner. Sigh. I just don't like partner WODS, She was very nice, but I could barely reach the pedals, and she was standing up to ride to get full momentum. Whatever.

Later I decided that I would try that bike ride I had done a month ago that was 17.2 miles where I was all annoyed with ridewithgps. I don't know why I thought that would be a good idea, I think because it starts and ends at an ice cream place. I was a little more successful in one way- I found the missing turn from last time and went down Estabrook, and it was totally awesome. It was a dirt path and sort of mountain biking, but a gentle downhill with not too many things in the way. Really fun! I hope Tanzania is like that. On the con side, once again my period started while riding. WTF? It's a cursed route.  I got to mile 10 which is the end of the bike path and was sitting and eating a power bar and I wasn't feeling so great, and then I figure out what the issue was. So, I took a short cut back to the car. I think I wound up going only about 13-14 miles, but totally legit.

I wrote 45 letters of recommendation this year for medical/dental students. I finished on Friday and it was such a relief, I felt a weight lifting. I'm so excited for my trip! (and a little nervous - I hope everything goes OK).

No comments:

Post a Comment