Thursday, July 13, 2017

Day 2 in a row!

Two days in a row for a second week! I saw today's workout and I knew I wanted to go - rowing and lifting, my kind of workout. We started with dumb bell strict presses, doing three rounds until we failed. Meh. I started with the 17.5 pounders and did 7 lifts with each, then realized that there were 15 pounders, and so did sets 2 and 3 with them.

Then we did push presses, 4 rounds of 3. I got up to 70 pounds on the last one. I was all hopeful that I could do 75 pounds before I started 70, but then I realized that there was no way. I could barely do 70, though I did!

WOD: 12 min AMRAP
250 meter row
5 squat clean (I lifted 55 pounds)
I did 1200 meters on the rower and 20 squat cleans, so 4 rounds plus rowing.

My boss had this horrible meeting today at work and it's totally stressing me out. Apparently enrollment management just realized that we exist and they want to highlight us. So, she met with some muckity-mucks to discuss what that would look like. I feel like it will mean that they want us to do more, but not give us more resources. And there will be politics, which I'm so bad at.  I made the mistake of saying that I didn't want her job, and she was all, "I'm not doing this forever you know." And she was serious. I think she feels like I will get my doctorate and then take over as director and she will go back to teaching and research. (Because at the end of the day when she left she said something like "I was hoping you would take on this role one day.") And then I will have to meet with the big muckity-mucks. Plus, I really like working with her! I thought we were just going to stay like this until we died at our desks one day. I have to stop forgetting that she's my boss and saying things like "I don't want your job." That's where I went wrong.  More yoga is in order for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment