Wednesday, July 5, 2017

17.2 mile bike ride

Ride with gps is a bit of a bust, really. I did what looked like a really nice ride on the computer today - I could make it start (and end) at Kimball Farm Ice Cream, there was one big hill (which I confess I walked up. My legs are killing me!), and the rest was reasonably flatfish, which is to say some up and down, but nothing killer. The path went on two unpaved sections of the Minuteman bike path, for a total of 7 miles of dirt trail, and there was another section that went on a path through the woods by a pond.

Today must have been mosquito day. I was swamped almost the entire ride - maybe because it went past a lot of marshy areas?? Then at about mile 6 or so, the road I was supposed to take didn't exist. Fortunately I had my phone, but it sent me down a road with pretty much no shoulders that wasn't that fun. And the path through the woods was sooo filled with roots, there was no way to ride a hybrid bike through it, you would need a mountain bike. Which I discovered when I crashed very hard into a root and didn't fall over but came close. And, (way way TMI here, for any actual readers, you can skip this part) my girl parts got jostled around and it made my period start. Fortunately I had on my padded bike shorts, but that's not really what the padding is meant for.... (yes, laundry is already done.)  I pushed my bike for a good part of the way, cursing ride with gps and getting eaten by mosquitos. And, finally I got to a non-rooty part and was able to ride some more.

I stopped and had ice cream at Kimball's, raspberry chocolate chip. Their "kiddie" size is huge. I was super impressed with me because I only ate to a point where I could put a lid on it, and I brought the rest home and put it in the freezer. And that was totally cool. I like this whole nutritionist thing (and I was 1.2 pounds lighter after a week, on what was apparently the first day of my period!)

No comments:

Post a Comment