Saturday, July 8, 2017

Two days in a row!

Once again I left myself with two days in a row of crossfit to do. I wasn't feeling so great earlier this week, so that's the excuse. But it was little comfort. I really didn't want to go yesterday, it was painful all around, so painful apparently that I didn't even feel like blogging about it, gonna add it to todays. But, I went. There was a lot of rowing, which was the only salvation, but still not enough. After the warm-up we counted how many hand-stand push ups we could do in two minutes. Ummm, none. I did pushups with bands, about 20 of them. Blah.

Then we did front squats. The idea was to see what your 3 squat max was. I got up to 90 pounds, which actually I was pretty happy with. I did it for one sent of three, it was pretty heavy for me.

WOD: in 14 minutes
1000 meter row then AMRAP
5 pull ups
10 push ups
10 pistols with alternating legs
I used bands for everything and went through 3 rounds. I just wasn't feeling it. Then I skulked out without writing down my time or barely talking to anyone for the entire hour.  I did start with 10 minutes on the stationary bike, the air dyne one that has a fan that makes it harder to peddle, as a little biking practice.

Today the weather is crappy and I didn't want to go again, but I figured I should. I pay enough for the membership and I wasn't doing anything else. But I wasn't excited about it. For warm up we did a bunch of running that I was last at, about a half mile plus in total. Then we flipped tires! That part was actually fun. I flipped the lightest and second lightest!!

It was a long and painful WOD: 5 rounds
10 clean and jerk (I lifted 45 pounds)
14 burpee lateral jumps (I just did 10)
400 meter run
I did 3 rounds in about 26 minutes (I think) and I just couldn't do any more. I was feeling like a little bit of a wimp as I skulked out for the second day in a row without saying goodbye or writing my time down. Then I looked at my fact in the car mirror. Holy crap it was red and splotchy! I mean, I was clearly overheated. I turned on my AC and drank about a quart of water on the drive home. When I looked at my computer, it said that the temperature was 80 something degrees, but with humidity it felt like 94. No wonder I couldn't run and do burpee lateral jumps!  I felt a little better about ending after 3. I think it was a good call.

No comments:

Post a Comment