Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Second time this week and it's Wed!

It's Wednesday and I'm done with my crossfits for the week! Yay!  I'm super excited about it, more time for yoga, biking and hiking. I'm a little worried that it's going to rain on Sunday on my plans to hike Lafayette. The weather keeps going back and forth. I would be sad if it rained on my hike over the hill. I would figure something out, though.

Today I was going to go climbing with a friend, but then she changed her mind last minute. I had brought my crossfit gear just in case, but I wasn't sure if I would make it in time. But then I decided, WTF, it's a gym. They should just let me in if I'm a couple minutes late. And I was a couple minutes late and missed a little warm up, but it was fine.

Today was  a partner workout. Of course, everyone else there lifts waaaay more than me, and we were supposed to share barbells. I wound up partnerless. Which was fine with me.  I don't really like partner workouts.

We started with this weird clean and jerk thing where each partner took turns doing as many as they could. So, the barbell was always being lifted, but the athletes got a break between turns. Coach was like, you can just watch the other girls and stop when they stop and pace yourself according to them. I was like, I'll just stop when I want to stop, see how long I was lifting, and rest for that long so my imaginary partner can lift. It's not rocket science.  Anyhow, the weightlifting was rocket science:
Minutes 0-5 lift 55 pounds - I did 20
Minutes 5-9 lift 60 pounds - I did 10
Minutes 9-16 lift 65 pounds - I did 15
Total 45 lifts

That's not exactly how it was supposed to go, but that's what I did, and I'm just fine with it.

The WOD was a partner one too. I did the same thing, I timed me and rested a little shorter interval after my turn than it took me.

WOD: 15 min AMRAP
7 DB hang squat cleans (I lifted 15 pounders for total of 30 pounds)
70 jumps on the jump rope
I did 7 rounds

For some reason I thought it was 12 minutes. You can imagine how I felt when minute 12 came and Coach was like "3 minutes to go!"

I seem to have calmed down about work. I'm not sure when that happened, but I'm definitely more chill. My boss was there yesterday and she was back to normal more or less, no talk about leaving or me being director or changes. Except that I heard her talking in the office next door to the faculty member there. I was trying so hard to eavesdrop, it was almost comical. I wanted to put a glass up to the wall to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment