Wednesday, May 25, 2016

It's summer!

I was trying really hard to improve my form today, we were doing squat clean and jerks. Coach told me that the barbell should pretty much slide up your body. And boom, I got the damn think stuck on the girls. Part of me was embarrassed, and part of me was like "see! it's not so easy!"

We did a killer warm up today. Run to the 400 Meter line, two foot jump to the 300 meter, lunges to the 200 meter, knees up jog to the 100 meter, and then jog back. That's a lot of bunny jumping.

Then there was a partner workout, not my fav thing. The workout was squat clean and jerks, in 3 min rounds, taking turns. First 12 then 10 then 8 then 6 then 4, so each partner does half. We started at 35 pounds and worked up to 60. Everyone else did like twice that. My partner hadn't done crossfit for like a year, so she was OK with doing it with me.

WOD: 10 min AMRAP
1 hang power clean (I lifted 55 pounds)
1 burpee lateral jump (yuck)
2 hang power cleans
2 burpee lateral jumps
3 hang power cleans ... etc
I did 8 rounds, plus 5 additional lifts.

This weekend I'm hiking Tecumseh, which I'm looking forward too. Even more exciting, I got a ride with one of the other peeps, so I don't have to drive all the way there.

I'm thinking about doing a hut-to-hut hike in August.

It was 85 out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment