Friday, May 6, 2016

Graduation Day workout

Today was graduation! John Kerry spoke, he was awesome! One of the students asked what Kerry would talk about and I was like "probably his life, how he got where he is, something to inspire you all... Probably nothing too political."Ha! I was so wrong. He talked about the openness of our borders in the digital age, and how we should work to connect with others, not keep them out. He talked about global warming. And, he talked about global poverty, and how important it is to help others who live in poverty, no matter where they live. I was looking at the audience, it was very interesting. Some people were leaning forward and totally engaged, some were sitting with their arms crossed, and some were texting.

Anyhow, security was tight, so I had to be there at 6:30 in the morning. So, I woke up at 5:30 am. Then, there were no seats, so I was standing on a cement floor for about 6 hours. I came home and took a nap! I wasn't totally into the idea of crossfit today, but I'm going hiking tomorrow, so no choice. Plus, the WOD was OK.

First, we did Squat Snatches, which is something I've never done before. I can't say I enjoyed them, but I did get up to 50 pounds.

WOD: 21-15-9
Overhead Squats (I lifted 35 pounds)
Row for calories x 2
my time 13:52

Tomorrow I'm hiking Welch-Dickey with the egg salad people. Sadly, they aren't bringing lunch :( I'm psyched about the hike, but we have to be there at 8 am and it's a couple hours away, so it will be another crazy early day.

No comments:

Post a Comment