Thursday, November 5, 2015

Fight Gone Bad

I really liked the title of today's WOD, Fight Gone Bad.  If I was ever in a fight, that's how it would go, I'm pretty sure of it. I was going to go to Crossfit yesterday, but I was so hungry that I had to go home and eat. The Paleo thing is a little bit of a challenge.  Now I have two days in a row of crossfit because I can't go Sat, and I gotta get in my two times for the week.  Happily FGB has no pull ups, though they did make us do push ups before the workout.  I did them on my knees. Poorly.

Fight Gone Bad:  Three rounds of one minute at each station. One point for each rep, one point for each calorie rowing.
Rowing  (my score 16/15/15)
Sumo Deadlift High-Pull  (20/16/18) 35 pounds
Wall Balls  (16/16/15) lightest ball
Box Jump  (9/10/13) I used two green stools instead of a box
Push press  (16/13/10) 35 pounds
Rest (quite successful at this!)
Total Score = 218

It doesn't seem like a killer workout, but it totally was!  They had us do it with a partner so that it took the entire class basically - one person did the entire workout, then the other.

I have a mental block about box jumps.  The first set I was freaked out because I was jumping up on two stools instead of one.  Seriously.

Saturday will be my three year run-a-versary.  I'm not exactly still running, though I did run 300 meters today, carrying a wall ball for half of the run.  And tomorrow it looks like I will be running 1.3 miles at least (they'll prob have some running in the warm up.)  Saturday I'm planning to hike Mt. Major.  So, although I'm sort of shifting in activity, I'm still counting this as a success.  I may stop at the Lulu outlet in Kittery on the way home from the hike to celebrate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment