Sunday, November 15, 2015

Late Post

I went to Crossfit on Friday, but then I went to visit my sister in CT right from Crossfit, and went to NYC for the day on Saturday, and completely forgot to blog! So, this is really a post from November 13. NYC was great fun, I love going there! It would be fun to live there for a little bit, but I love my little Boston... I went to this American Medical Student Association conference, really just so I could go to the city for the day for free :) There were only 4 sessions, so it wasn't that long - as always, one session was pretty lame (I blew out early to spend a little city time), one was so-so, and two were awesome!  One of the really amazing ones, this MD who's a geneticist was talking about her work, and where we will be going with big data in medicine in the future. It's so cool - one you start gathering a ton of data you can see patterns in healthcare treatments, and you can look at how the genetic makeup of one person might require different medication from another. I don't really understand it all, but what I do understand is amazing - I hope we are around for this future.

Anyhow, at Crossfit, we did Benchmark workout Christine:
3 rounds:
500 meter row
12 Bodyweight Deadlifts (I lifted 95 pounds which is not my bodyweight)
21 box jumps (I jumped on two green stools which is 16 inches instead of 20 inches)

My time was 10:54.  It was a partner workout, one of the ones where you have to cheer your partner on for half, then they cheer you on.  My partner actually does crew, and she gave me some tips on the machine - you're supposed to keep this one number below 125. You do that by using your legs. I don't exactly know what the number is, or really how to keep it down, but she seemed to think pushing with my legs was a good thing. I did speed up on my rowing, so she must be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment