Saturday, November 21, 2015

Bear Complex

Bear Complex's sound like something that would involve running, scaling trees, clawing opened trash cans and catching salmon. But, they aren't. They are a freakish series of weight lifting drills that we do at Crossfit. Lift the weights up, front squat, overhead, back squat, overhead again, and down. That's one bear! They are complex, I can never remember the whole routine.

First we did push press and push jerks. A series of 5 push presses and 2 push jerks.  Somehow I wound up with these women who were starting off with 75 pounds.  I was like "maybe I'll just go over with that wimpy looking group." We finished at 75 pounds, and it was heavy!

Push press - 60 pounds max for 5 reps
Push jerk - 75 pounds max for 2 reps

WOD
1 Bear complex (I did 45 pounds which was level 1. Could have done more, but level 2 was 65 pounds and I couldn't do that.)
2 box jump overs (I used two green stools)
2 bear complex
4 box jump overs
3 bear complex
6 box jump overs etc
As many as possible in 10 minutes

I did 5 rounds plus 4 more bears.

On the second round I freaked out on the box jump over and had to do single stools for a few jumps. I went back up to two stools on the fourth round. Such a mental block on those!

I'm thinking I might try to do three times a week for January - March. Less hiking time, I could go one day on the weekend. Plus, I wouldn't be working Monday evenings.  I've been going Thursday and Friday a lot, which doesn't spread out the workout very well. Only one more late Monday this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment