Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend!

I'm so psyched to have a long weekend for Thanksgiving!  I took Wednesday off because the students have the day off, so no one will be there anyhow, and I really wanted a nice 5 day weekend. The beginning of September vacation seems like a long time ago. I was going to go to crossfit tomorrow, but then my friend who I was going climbing with had car trouble, so I got to go today instead. Which means that tomorrow I don't have to leave my house :)

We started with deadlifts today - the coach was like "do you know what you usually lift?" and I though "I was feeling all smug that I know which one a deadlift is without googling it. Way to rain on my parade." I started at 75 pounds and that was really light, so then I did 95, then 105, 115 and I ended with 125!  Each weight was 5 reps.  I felt pretty good about it, though of course some of the guys were lifting like 3x that weight.

WOD:
Run 800 meters (which I did in 4 min, 37 sec which is a 9 min 14 sec mile!!!)
30 handstand pushups (haha! I did 30 band assisted pushups)
Run 800 meters (second time was way slower, 10 min mile)

I was dead last in the running the first time. So far behind everyone else, but I was pretty psyched when I finished and saw my time. I knew 800 meters is a half mile, so for me it was fast. Since I did band assisted pushups instead of handstand pushups I was faster then most people at that, so I didn't have as much pressure on the second running. Everyone else was behind me except these two super beefy guys who apparently can just pop out 30 handstand pushups like, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment