Friday, November 6, 2015

9 min mile!

Today's WOD had a 535 meter run to start. Of course, I was dead last at the run, and was totally dying by the time I got back to the gym.  And some of the people had already finished the weight lifting part.  It took me three minutes to do the 535 meters, actually slightly less because there was a little bottle neck at the door.  I was sort of trying to let everyone else in front of me, since that was were they were eventually going to be anyhow, but it didn't totally work out.  When I finish - last by a long shot, it was 3 minutes, which is a 9 minute mile!  I was pretty psyched when I worked out the time.  My other runs were slower because we didn't all start out at the same time, but still they were around 10 minute mile.  I couldn't run that fast for a full mile though.

Today's WOD: 4 rounds
535 meter run
15 back squats (I did 35 pounds - I realized today that what I thought was 45 previously was actually 35. Boo.)
10 Ring Dips (real WOD called for 5 muscle ups, but I needed bands for a ring dip for heaven sakes!)
Rest 1 minute.

My time was 23 minutes 14 seconds.  I could have lifted more on the squats, and I really used the bands as an assist for the ring dips.  (I'm going on an 8 mile hike on Mt. Major tomorrow and I didn't want to totally kill my thighs and be dying all day tomorrow. That's my excuse on the squat weight, and I'm sticking to it.)

Before the WOD we did front squats and I lifted 85 pounds, though my technique at 85 pounds wasn't so good I don't think.  At 80 pounds it was much better.

I realized that they sell paleo snacks and energy gunk at the box.  Of course they do!  No excuses about being hungry next time, I can get something to eat there.

No comments:

Post a Comment