Tuesday, December 11, 2012

20 minutes running!

Woo Hoo!  For the first time I think I might actually be able to run 30 minutes straight.  I almost did it.  I got sidelined at minute 20 by stupid cramps and had to walk for a couple minutes.  But, I think I pretty much ran for 27 of the 30 minutes of today's run :)  Mapping it, I notice that I only went 2.54 miles, so about the same distance as every other time.  Pacing myself.  And I got stuck at a light for about 30 seconds - the one at Sycamore and Medford, so I guess I thought I was more done than I was.

Stats: First 1.78 miles in 20 minutes - pace = 11:14 mile.

The secret was I went the other direction, a gentle uphill to start instead of downhill and then a big uphill.  Oh, and I pooped right before I left, thought it would help with cramps.

Next time I'll try 7 min/1 min maybe to keep from cramping.

No comments:

Post a Comment