Friday, September 30, 2022

Swam a mile again!

I decided to try getting up just an hour early to go swimming today, and it worked really well! I got up at 7, fed the cats and made coffee and oatmeal, and drank a little of the coffee. I had a 7:30 reservation at the pool and decided to drive because it was 45 degrees out. I got in the water at about 7:25 and swam until 7:59 with only a couple pauses when I looked at my watch or swallowed a little water. According to my fitbit, I swam 1804 yards, 66 lengths at a 2'13" per 100 yard pace. I got my heart rate up for 69 minutes and burned 256 calories.

Today I had to share a lane. I started with this guy who definitely swam faster than me, even when doing the breast stroke. That's OK, it keeps me humble. When he left this woman came into my lane, and we swam about the same speed, which was OK. 

I worked on my breathing, and not turning my head so much when I breathe. To do that I practiced looking straight down. I also practiced extending my arms as far as possible. I emailed the Y to see if I can take some swim lessons, which I think would help with my technique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment