Thursday, September 8, 2022

Pickled at my first real pickleball game

Today was my first day actually playing pickleball in the correct pickleball format. I joined a pickup group that I found on this international pickelball scheduling website. It was fun! And, I have much to learn. My partner and I did win the first game that I played, and that was pretty much it. A few games my partner and I got no points. Boo. 

I had a few times that I missed the ball completely, but mostly I was able to hit it, just not always over the net. I had a few really good shots, and was part of a few good volleys, but also I missed a lot. The other players were nice - they were pretty much all women (only two guys out of 12), but they were unconcerned that I was bad, and a few were very nice. I'm signed up to join the same group again next week. When I looked at my fitbit report it seems like it was good exercise - I got my heart rate up for a decent amount of time, took over 5000 steps and burned over 400 calories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment