Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Swam a mile!

Today for the first time I actually swam over a mile at one time! I'm pretty excited about it - it's definitely not something that I would have ever expected that I could do. I went to the Y at my lunch time - it was so nice out that I decided to walk there which took about 10 minutes. Google said that it would take 4 minutes to drive - definitely worth walking when it isn't too cold to walk back with wet hair, and I can spare the 12 minutes.

I reserved two half hour blocks because I really wanted to try to get to a mile - they allow 6 people in the pool at a time, so you only have to share your lane with one other person. But, today I got my own lane, which was exciting. The weird thing is that I have been the fastest swimmer every time that I've been there - not that I am swimming fast at all. Anyhow, I swam for about 40 minutes and my fitbit says I did 1950 meters! 

I went swimming twice last week, one time I even went in the morning before work! It was actually not bad, something that I think is worth doing on home days. It takes about an hour to go swimming for about half hour if I walk. If I leave here at 7:30, that's pretty doable to get home for 8:30 work start.

The lifeguard at the Y is a very cranky man who doesn't make eye contact and spends his time reading a book. One day that I was there I didn't realize that it was time to close the pool, and when I looked up he was blowing his whistle so hard that I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head. I was like "what?" and he just blew his whistle more until I figured out that he needed me to get out of the pool.

I still went to the lake after work today, I did a little swim and then paddled around in my kayak. The juvenile bald eagle was hanging out by the dock eating and looking at the world. So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment