Saturday, March 28, 2020

Yoga Challenge, Day 4

Today was a very busy and active day; fortunately I made sure to eat lots of cookies to prevent any weight loss from it. I started by walking to elderly parkour in the park. I was going to run, that was the plan, but my body was like "nope, not going to happen." It's only about 1.25 miles to get there, but I just couldn't do it. And, of course I left late, so I had to run for part way, but I just couldn't for the entire time. I probably ran a third of the way, and I was about 2 minutes late, so not bad. I wish parkour had a shorter warm up and more jumping on rocks - I guess the warm up and back and forth practice is good for you, but it's just not as much fun as jumping around on things. After class I climbed the rock wall 10 times, and it seemed easier than the last time. There were a couple times I got a little stuck and nervous, but not really - I think they're mostly V0's, but the wall is probably 12 -15 feet tall, you could definitely hit rocks on the way down, and you don't want to be in the emergency room right now! After, I walked back the long way. Because of the bridge being out, it wound up being 3.2 miles of walking. Plus, all the exercise at parkour.

I got home, had a really delicious bagel, cream cheese, egg thing, and then realized I had to leave to meet my socially distant friends up in Ipswich. My friend up there is fostering a new puppy, and so we go to meet her - she's so cute! The puppy likes to take things and bring them to her lair, she kept trying to steal everything, mittens, hats, backpacks. We went for a walk and then sat on the porch drinking wine and chatting for about an hour. It started getting freezing though - it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. On the way home I filled my gas tank - gas was $1.99 a gallon!

Tonight's yoga was all floor. It was pretty chill and stretchy, which was perfect after all my walking. My calfs are so tight. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day, and I'm thinking that I may not leave home, I'll so some virtual exercise, some work, write this paper I'm working on, cook, and read. Already, that sounds exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment