Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Yoga 30 Day Challenge, Day 1

The day after my Charles River run I woke up with a sore throat, headache and stuffed sinuses/sniffles. These are not signs of the virus, but nonetheless I was a little freaked out because I imagined having to tell people who I've been around that I'm not feeling well. I called my doctor and talked to one of the NP's, who said it sounds like a little cold, and these aren't symptoms. I feel completely fine, just a little scratchy in the throat. But, it really brought the isolation thing home (pun intended). So, I'm self-isolating with new vigor.

I did go for a walk yesterday. I wore gloves so I didn't need to touch any doorknobs, and stayed away from everyone else. There weren't too many people out, so it wasn't hard.

I decided today that I would do yoga with adriene to keep in shape, and then saw that she has a 30 day challenge, which sounds like exactly what I need. Today I did the first day, it was a nice way to ease into it. The session was about 34 minutes, a lot of stretching for the shoulders, which I really need right now. I thought I would try to blog to keep myself honest.

So far, no one I know has gotten really sick. My mom doesn't seem to understand what's going on, she's upset about the food situation, and that she has to wash her own hair. My sister, brother and I played pub quiz last night (with my brother's partner and my brother in law). We're all good, all but my brother in law work in education, so hopefully will still have jobs. I'm a little stir crazy, but actually pretty busy with work, and happy to have my cats, plenty of food, and lots of books. I hope all my readers are doing well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment