Thursday, March 26, 2020

Yoga Challenge, Day 2

Today was beautiful outside, and so I made sure to get out as much as possible including a run attempt at lunch and skateboarding in the park after work. Since I didn't have tons of time for running, I decided I would try to do my old 5K. I forgot two very important things. #1, there is still a bridge on the route out and #2 I ate legumes last night. I got to the 1.2 mile mark and my stomach started cramping up like crazy. To be fair, aerobically I was struggling a bit too, I was trying to go a bit faster than I'd been running, and so I was huffing and puffing. Also, keeping social distance from the few people who were out was tough. According to my fitbit and mapmyrun, I did a 10 minute, 40 second mile for the 13 minutes that I was running. That includes warm-up, so I'm feeling a little better about my pacing. Just not the lentils. In the end I went about 2.6 miles, but I only ran about half of it.

After work, I took my skateboard out in the playground across the street. I hadn't used it since I wiped out (ouch) a few years ago, but they have since repaved, and I thought it would give it another try. Needs work, but fun. I also tried a few of my parkour moves that didn't require touching anything.

Last night I started recovering my sofa cushions. They really need it. One in particular was in really sad shape. Yesterday I cut, today I sewed and put the cushions in the new covers. Now I just need to hand sew the bottom shut. They don't exactly match the rest of my living room, but honestly, nothing matches, and I am quite fond of it all. Once that's done, I'm going to have to come up with another project - the governor announced that we are to be home until at least May 4, that's another 5 weeks. I'm so grateful I don't have small children!

PS. I did day 2 of yoga with Adriene. She has a large and very well behaved dog that sleeps while she  does yoga. I felt very zen when finished, though my toe still isn't super bendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment